Sunday 1 August 2010

Let’s see what happens

After many months of development, our new site finally goes live. As Ivy House is fully booked until September 2010, the current owner, Steve Lee, kindly allows us to replace his site with ours. I really hope that you will like our new site and find it easy to use.

The site has been a labour of love and I have really enjoyed adding the content. As I have a keen interest in the history of World War 2, the site has allowed me to share my knowledge. At the time of writing this entry, we have approximately 60 pages of content; in French and in English. We hope that visitors to our site will appreciate the time and effort we have invested and with any luck, some may actually want to stay at Ivy House.

We have decided to allow guests to book online with credit cards. We gave this idea much thought and came to the conclusion that it will make life a bit easier for us and also for the guests. We appreciate that not everyone will want to interact with us via this method; however, at least our guests now have a choice.

The reservation system took many months to develop and the last few issues have been resolved. All we can do now, apart from market the business, is to sit back and see what happens. As it has been a labour of love for me, I am sure that when we do finally receive our first online booking, I will have a smile from ear to ear.

No comments:

Post a Comment