Saturday 28 August 2010

We go!

With the time rapidly approaching 01:30 and still missing things from my list, the pressure starts mounting. In just 5 and half hours time, I will be boarding the Euro Tunnel to start the crazy adventure in Normandy.

The items that I have been asked to bring range from an Iron to a jigsaw. You may think that the jigsaw is for the kids; however, you would be wrong. As my wife is a teacher, she considered the jigsaw to be of the up-most importance for her new class.

At 01:45, just like Eisenhower in 1944, I made the decision to go. It is now or never; unless of course I forget the passport!

Some 4 and a half hours later and after a brief snooze in a service station somewhere in Luton, I arrive at the terminal bleary eyed and craving some more sleep. The train I booked looks especially busy and I look at the other people and wonder why they are going to France. As we are going to be running a gite business, I hope they are going to the La Manche in Normandy to stay at Ivy House. I will never know why or where they are going but it is certainly good for the insecurities that visit me from time to time.

No comments:

Post a Comment