Thursday 12 August 2010

Keep my mouth shut

Following the discussions with the bank manager regarding my weight, I had to have a medical before the bank would release the necessary funds. No problem; I can have a medical in England, right? Wrong! I was advised to come to France to have it.

So here I go again. Take the train to London and the Eurostar to Paris to meet my wife. No time to hang around and take in the sights of Paris as I have an appointment just 1 hour after my arrival. I need to take another train and arrive at the Doctors office with 5 minutes to spare.

As the Doctor had finished with the patient before me, as soon as I walked in the door, it was my turn to be examined. The Doctor asked me how heavy I was and once again I explained that I was approximately 110 kilos. By this time, I was feeling like a freak show as every time I mentioned my weight, people seemed to look at me in disbelief; certainly in France.

The Doctor could not believe that I was 110 kilos but as I keep trying to explain to French people, I am a big build and heavy. I know it sounds like I am in denial but that is the truth.

The Doctor kindly advised me that my blood pressure was a bit high. She said that it was related to my weight; nothing to do with the travel, the stress of the house move and living apart from my wife and kids.

My wife said that I should have kept my mouth shut when I mentioned my weight to the bank manager some weeks previous. She also said it would be a good idea to keep it shut the next time there is some greasy food within a three mile radius of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment