Thursday 16 September 2010

Battle of the bulge

I can't quite remember when I last wrote about cutting the grass. From what I remember, it wasn't that long ago. Where is all this grass coming from then? I glanced over at the land behind the house and it looks like the grass mounted a counter offensive and re-took the ground I had captured from the last offensive (Operation green grass).

The weather was good to mount my offensive to capture the terrain. After last nights soiree, I was feeling very fragile and all I really wanted to do was lie on the sofa and take a nap. I managed to motivate myself and fired up panzer Tom for the major attack.

This offensive was planned better than the last and it was all guns blazing; no prisoners taken today! All was going well until Tom started spluttering . It would appear that just like in the Battle of the Bulge, we had insufficient fuel to finish the attack. I'm not sure I would have found any American fuel dumps nearby, so I had no choice but to to pull back. I thought about destroying Tom so it could not fall into the hands of the enemy, but finally decided to push it back to the shed. I can imagine how those German tank commanders must have felt in the Ardennes in 1944. They had the tools to do the job but no fuel to finish it!

No comments:

Post a Comment