Sunday 5 September 2010

Sunday bloody Sunday

Having spent a nice weekend together, the misery cloud seemed to descend on me once more. My wife would leave for Saint Nazaire today in order for her to work tomorrow. This means that it is just me, Alice the au pair and the kids in the new house. This was a daunting prospect.

When it was time for my wife to leave, I had to put a brave face on for the boys. Surely they are mixed up enough as it is. The last thing they need right now is there mum and dad crying. I managed a British stiff upper lip; however, being French, my wife capitulated and shed some tears. I'm sure there is a link there for World War 2.

The boys are probably more resilient than I thought. They were not happy to see their mum leave, but before long, it was normal service resumed. Making the most of their new space, they were running around without a care in the world; unlike me of course.

The day finished on a low and I had trouble sleeping. A million things buzzing through my brain; a million things that I could have done without thinking about really. Stupid things like fly killing machines, a fly killing napalm air strike and other associated things related to flies.

My life, and no doubt the lives of most people, are made up of ups and downs. If I can finally get some sleep, I will embrace tomorrow and hope that it will be an up. If it's a down, God help us!

No comments:

Post a Comment