Monday 6 September 2010

God helped us!

It's an up day today! As I am not religious, I wont thank that certain someone. I thank my parents instead for making me resilient.

After a short rest, Monday morning is here and the start of a new school week. In fact, not a school week; more of a school four days. As the kids do not go to school in France on a Wednesday, we have one more full day to entertain them. If my wife was not a teacher, I would write to Sarkozy to demand that the teachers work more and help us parents. The fact that my wife is a teacher and only has to work four days per week means that I keep my mouth shut!

I have a plan today. After we drop the kids off at school, I have promised Alice that we will go to Carentan to buy a television. Living in a house without a television is like torture for us. More for her than me, but torture all the same. When I tell her the news, she is filled with joy and there is no doubt that my credibility has just hit an all time high.

Some hours later, we return to the house with two boxes of joy. My wife ordered me to buy her a television for her room to allow her some privacy and freedom. Never mind me then! I am not exactly happy to sit on my own in this half empty living room watching French television.

To accompany these two new televisions, I purchased a shiny new aerial. God only knows how I am going to install it without any tools. I left Alice to assemble the aerial and I started planning how this would work. Fortuneately, there is a satellite already installed that is pointing to English TV. Unfortuneately, I am not in possession of a receiver to allow me to watch it. I feel like a am trapped in a sweet shop but have diabetes, I'm morbidly obese and I have an allergy to sugar.

My plan was to splice the link from this dish and connect the shiny new aerial to the cable that had already been installed. Great news; no splicing required. There is a cable joint with the necessary connectors that will allow me to join my aerial. I am beginning to feel like I am part of the A-Team. I'm not sure which one, but I love it when a plan comes together.

Before long, we are up and running and have two boxes of joy, connected to a shiny new aerial, pumping out Secret Story. This is a French version of Big Brother and I am greeted with the sight of an homaphrodite rolling around on a bed fighting with a homosexual and a weired looking black woman laughing her head off. 750 euros out of pocket to watch this garbage. At least it seems to make Alice happy! I guess I better get used to being on my own until the wife gets back.

A Normandy Adventure is our story of moving to France to run a bed & breakfast and self catering gite complex. Ivy House, Utah Beach Normandy, is our new home and is only five minutes walk from the D-Day Utah Beach.

No comments:

Post a Comment